Our first Pop-up Market Visit to the Perth Upmarket!!!

It's 11 weeks 'til Christmas. Yes it is! And with the holidays fast approaching, tons of market pop-ups are being held in many parts of Perth... and around the world too!

I've become a fan of market pop ups here in Perth for the sole reason that I want to know more about the community - its people, their interests, and the food. 

As a new "Perthian," joining market pop ups has allowed me to meet makers and small business owners. This is also a way to familiarize myself with their handmade goods. Joining community gatherings has also opened me to the joy of conversing with people from various walks of life and taste a variety of flavors from food stalls they've set up.

It's like hitting two birds with one stone - community familiarization and... shopping! 

A few weeks ago, my husband and I went to our first pop up market in Perth called Perth Upmarket. I learned about this event on Instagram. 

There are already a lot of businesses I've been following on my account and some of them were present here in the Perth Upmarket so we decided to pay it a visit.

The Spring Perth Upmarket was held in the University of Western Australia (UWA) last 13th of September, 2015 from 10 am to 4 pm. Most shops were set up in and around Winthrop hall.





My husband and I toured the entire market but we spent most of our time in the baby section where we got some bibs for Yo from Mini Threads. We also visited Sarah Kate Photography so Yo could have his first pictorial!

The feeding bibs that we got for Yo were on special and only cost $3 each while Yo's pictorial was only half-priced because I won a contest for him! Thanks so much Sarah!







Here is a behind-the-scenes segment of Yo's studio pictorial experience. Sarah's team is superb with kids! I thought Yo would be uncooperative but it turned out a pleasant experience for him and for all of us as well. Sarah was very professional and knew how to get Yo to smile for the camera and have a great time.


After touring the premises, we decided to have a little break. We bought some coffee and yummy carrot and red velvet cupcakes and relaxed on the grass in front of Winthrop hall. The weather was sunny and cool - just the perfect vibe for a relaxing end to our first market trip. 











If you would like to visit the next Perth Upmarket, it will be on November 29, 2015, from 10 am to 4 pm. It would still be held in Winthrop hall, University of Western Australia.

Check out their social media accounts to know more about their events:
Instagram: @perthupmarket

Cheers!
Jacq

Comments

Popular Posts